Sunday, March 29, 2015

OneDrive Sync Issue – An Office File Needs your attention

I am a big fan of OneDrive desktop client. But I have experienced many times that it keeps on failing to sync Office documents with OneDrive. Recently I uploaded a set of files and the sync failed with the message “An office file needs your attention”. When I opened the Office upload center it simply says “open the file in office”. When I opened the file in the relevant office application and save it from there it uploads without any issue.

Luckily I found this article which solved the problem. Now the files get uploaded without any issue.

5 comments:

  1. which article? there is no link, however here is the fix: http://blah.winsmarts.com/2013-4-SkyDrive__An_office_file_needs_your_attention.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's weird, what article are you talking about? there is no article on this page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://blah.winsmarts.com/2013-4-SkyDrive__An_office_file_needs_your_attention.aspx

      Delete